Friday 4 January 2008

Happy new year

2008 rolled in under a haze of champagne and wine fumes for me, I trust all you do as you likers out there had a fantastic crimbo and new year.

Early back to work for me on the second, but there is a bonus, and thats one of these babies to ride for the next fornight courtesy of Harley UK, so thanx guys and gals.

My aim is to bung 4-500 miles on it within that time and then it will form the first video supported review on the UKBike site proper.

Having never slung my leg over a Harley ever before in my 26 year riding career it should be an interesting experience. They don't even need it returned clean or with a full tank of petrol, which is a bonus, because the weather is terrible and the tank range will be an education. Fully thermalled up I will be heading into the murk later on this afternoon on my maiden voyage.

Usually I scud home on a sub 200kg 125BHP Kawasaki ZX-9. This should be a great test of whether the higher spec Japanese machine covers the distance home quicker or not over the on paper inferior specced Harley. Keep in touch.
If any of you own a similar Harley Davidson Sportster or even one of these 'Nightster's please get in touch via the main UKBike site, either on the forum or write a review. My knowledge base on Harley's is sketchy so let me know what you think.
On a completely different subject, Radio 5 have just announced the cancellation of the Paris-Dakar rally this year, because of safety and security concerns due to a french family murdered in Mauretania Africa - Bummer!



No comments:

 

web site traffic statistics
Dell Inspiron Notebook