Friday 21 November 2008

Z1R

The last two months have been hideous, jaded, disconsolate and isolated, morose, desperate and full of shite. However once you have hit the bottom there is only one way and that is up.

Just purchased a Z1R '77 in desperate need of some TLC, by repute it featured in the first Mad Max film and despite the lack of provenance it is a very early frame number and registered in the UK in November '77, which lends credence to the story as the Z1R D model didn't appear over here until '78. Was going to turn it around quickly but now I think I'll take it apart and clean it up , see if I can get the old girl running and looking like she should.
Could take a little while and a few quid needs to be bunged in it's general direction, but been ages since I had a project to work on, boring stuff seems to have got in the way over the years, so time to polish the spanners, dig out the ancient Zed manual and get fettling, might even post a few pics soon. I like them cheap and dirty, allows me to stamp my own authority and care on them. Last one I did properly was a KH250 and a Z650. Looking forward to taking it apart and wielding the spanners and oily rags.

Thanks to the raving punkster (former owner) for letting me in on it. Come on you splodges, make that two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please, the circle has turned and the three Oaks boys have all owned the same piece of history now.

First things first, get the old thing belching some flame and smoke before polishing up and replacing the other vitals. I reckon, the wheels need re-spraying, the block needs respraying, the front fairing needs repairing, new handlebars, rear fender, front fender, control cables and a few hundred litres of GT85 should do the trick, plus an exhaust system and a new forkleg, hey presto, a pretty mint Z1R, registered '77 and with an interesting history and a very early frame number.

Condalini where are you now? Where are you when I need you? Bubba ring up Zed power and get me the vitals, this baby is not dead yet!

Talking about people or things that are not dead yet, went to see Motorhead last week, is Lemmy still breathing or has his record company filled his veins full of mercury and propped him up with some robotic fingers and glaring warts? Motorhead England? I think not, Lemmy is Welsh as far as I'm aware, and the other two are septics. Thank fuck for Wurzel making an appearance for The Ace of Spades, the coke and alcohol abuse hasn't killed him yet.
New album Motorizer, not bad, bit formulaic, no suprises really, but 'Rock out' has some amusing lyrical passages.

I digress, the glass is empty and a wild keening is in the air, more wine required from the Devils cellar.............

No comments:

 

web site traffic statistics
Dell Inspiron Notebook