Wednesday 7 October 2009

Lament for Morini

I read today in the trade press the merest snippets of information regarding the future of Moto Morini. Creators of the fang tasticherissimo 1200 Corsaro Veloce.

It would appear that despite selling 15% more machines in the year to date (more than the entirity of 2008 year), they cannot and have not made ends meet.
If any bike needed an airing to a wider audience, this was one of them, superb motor and great styling. A real fucking header of a bike, glad I rode one before they were no more.

KTM manufacturers of my equal first most desirable road bike to a penurious pocket and puddle sized eyes of desire have also slipped by 40% in brand sales. That is a fuck of a lot of toasters to sell to make up the difference.

Mr. KTM I will personally sing the praises of an Orange meanie throughout the land if you wanna give me one. Hell they aren't any good sitting in the factory gathering dust and spider's eggs!!

Talking of orange the sodium lamp opposite my garret window sheds flaming drips of rain, whilst the blue lights of Der Polizei, flash down the hill chasing some itinerant drunk who appears to be waving a fire extinguisher about.
I can almost hear his last gleeful cackle into the rainy sky before the batons rain down quick sobriety and enforced penitence, the blue lights blinding him. Could be a her I suppose?

It's a million laughs a night here in Mega City One, Home of the homeless, denizen of the desolate, The lost and lonely ones, the crazed and foolish, deceivers, believers, the vain, the mad, the sick and the craven.

Oh yes my friends in Etherworld, hear my laughter.

No comments:

 

web site traffic statistics
Dell Inspiron Notebook